Sunday, April 5, 2009

20 Things To Do When Bored

Do you find yourself starring into space or flipping through the channels looking for something to watch but nothing is on. Well we've all been in that boat and today I think I have the worst case of boredom since George Bush got a severe case and decided to invade Iraq. So I find myself slouched on the couch, in front of the TV, with my laptop in my lap and a text message from my coach telling me that my match has been cancelled and I'm wondering... what the hell am I going to do today!

So I decided to create a list of things to do when you couldn't be "arsed" as they say... here goes:

1. Workout
2. Create a website (already done)
3. Experiment w/ fireworks
4. Read a book (a good one)
5. Research conspiracies (some of them are true)
6. Buy a science kit and turn it into a meth lab (or just use it for what it was made for)
7. Make a movie
8. Try to even up your non-dominant hand. Abuse it if its not building up fast enough.
9. Write a "Get Ruck Quick" scheme
10. Sell stuff on eBay for 3x its worth
11. Go to cafepress.com and create your own t-shirts and/or coffee mugs
12. Blow stuff up (careful with this one... it can be a lot of fun)
13. Watch TV without sound and make up your own words to the show. Make each character a deviant in one way or another.
14. Pretend everyone is trying to seduce you and get you into bed (act disgusted by this)
15. Record yourself getting drunk until you pass-out and watch the video to see all the stupid stuff you do when your plastered.
16. Watch a whole television series from the beginning
17. Pull a prank on someone you know
18. Build a fort
19. Find a tall building and wait on a ledge. Threaten to jump. When they ask you to come down, make ridiculous requests. Make up a really odd story ("My pet goldfish doesn't love me anymore... I could handle my pet rock, but not Goldy..."). Drop eggs on the people down below. Drop watermelons to demonstrate how you'll land. Pretend to take a run-up. If no-one's nearby, dress up a clothes model and drop it off the edge and hear the panic down below.
20. Create your own things to do when your bored list

Now go out and do something! As we speak I'm looking at what kind of monkey I should get as a partner in crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment